Design Tech Homes has Earned the 2016 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Market Leader Award FeaturedWednesday, 11 May 2016 00:00
Spring, Texas (May 10, 2016) – Design Tech Homes is pleased to announce that it has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a 2016 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Market Leader. This award recognizes the important contribution Design Tech Homes has made to energy-efficient construction and environmental protection by building more than 91 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2015.
This is equivalent to reducing CO2 emissions by 154 metric tons, or:
- Growing 3,913 tree seedlings for 10 years
- Avoiding the consumption of 358 barrels of oil
- Removing 32 passenger vehicles from the road
Every ENERGY STAR certified home must meet rigorous requirements for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and undergo third-party testing and verification. As a result of an integrated approach to design, combined with tried-and-true best building practices, new homes that earn the ENERGY STAR label are up to 30% more efficient than typical new homes built today.
Homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR label offer homebuyers a new home built with energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment that deliver better performance. Standard features include proper sealing and insulation, high-performance windows, tight construction and ducts, properly-sized and installed efficient heating and cooling equipment, and energy-efficient lighting and appliances. These value-adding features lead to a more comfortable, energy efficient, and durable home that will reduce utility and maintenance costs while helping protect the environment.
- K2 Item Meta Title: 2016 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Market Leader – Design Tech Homes
- K2 Item Meta Description: Custom home builder Design Tech Homes earns the 2016 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Market Leader award, recognition for building more than 91 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2015.