Design Tech Homes follows applicable codes in the construction of your home. In addition, exclusively through the GUARDIAN CERTIFIED INSPECTION PROGRAM™, independent inspectors check each home at key stages to be sure nothing is overlooked or below standard. Design Tech Homes has voluntarily undertaken this comprehensive inspection program to provide consistent, high-quality homes to our Homeowners. Under the GUARDIAN CERTIFIED INSPECTION PROGRAM™, third-party certified inspections are taken at 10 critical stages of construction:
- Foundation (pre-placement) – The pre-placement inspection is designed to insure that the foundation make-up is per plan and meets existing applicable codes.
- Plumbing (grounds) – Plumbing grounds are inspected for proper installation as well as pressure tested to minimize the chance for underground leaks.
- Foundation Placement – The foundation design and make-up are only as good as the concrete materials being placed within the forms. An on-site inspector monitors the placement of all concrete materials.
- Frame – All framing is inspected according to the determining guidelines of not only code compliance, but also for plan compliance as well.
- Plumbing (rough-in) – All piping within the frame is inspected for code compliance prior to the installation of insulation & sheetrock.
- Electrical (rough-in) – All electrical components such as conductors, boxes, etc. are inspected for code compliance and workmanlike installation.
- HVAC – HVAC systems are inspected for code compliance as well as proper installation. All ducts within the system are inspected for leaks.
- Blocking/insulation – All infiltration points into the conditioned space are inspected for properly sealed blocking. Insulation is inspected for proper installation and code compliance.
- Final code – A final inspection encompasses code compliance, workmanship as well as proper drainage established at the foundation perimeter.
- Energy code – The final energy tests must prove through performance the efficiency of the home. Duct blaster and blower door testing are required to initiate the energy certifications.
For more information about the GUARDIAN CERTIFIED INSPECTION PROGRAM™, please call our Houston office at 281-355-1591 or our San Antonio office at 830-980-5558 or fill out our contact form.