- Fall color such as mums, asters, marigolds, zinnias, and celosia.
- Fall-flowering bulbs such as spider lilies, fall crocus, and fall amaryllis.
- Finish warm-season vegetable plantings of beans, corn, cucumbers, melons, and squash.
- Cool-season vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, spinach, potatoes, lettuce, carrots, beets, radishes, and English peas.
- Finish planting warm-season lawn grasses: buffalo, Bermuda, St. Augustine, and zoysia.
- Wildflower seed.
- Water deeply and as infrequently as possible. Your garden and landscape will usually need more water this month than any other.
- Potted plants and hanging baskets daily.
- Trim spent flower stalks and blossoms of annuals and perennials to stimulate regrowth
- Mow weekly and leave clippings on the lawn.
- Turn compost pile.