Buying a new home is one of the biggest purchases you’ll ever make. By choosing one that has earned the government’s trusted ENERGY STAR label, you can have the house of your dreams and enjoy peace of mind knowing it’s been built to meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).Learn the steps it takes for us to earn the Energy Star label.
Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today. You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort. Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- High-Efficiency Insulation: Our blown-in fiberglass R-15 exterior walls, R-38 attic floors, and Radiant Barrier reduces summer heat gain, winter heat loss and improves energy usage. The low-E3 vinyl windows reflect away heat radiation in summer and retains heat in the winter.
- Air Conditioning & Heating Systems: R 410A refrigerant, a 15 SEER rating eco-friendly refrigerant, is an environmentally safe liquid coolant Energy Star® Thermostat, which adjusts temperature settings, saving energy while you’re away. All of our ducts are designed and properly sealed for comfort and energy efficiency.
- Appliances: Our Energy Star® qualified dishwashers use less energy than the federal minimum standard for energy consumption and less hot water than conventional models.
- High-Efficiency Hot Water Heating: We feature water heating systems in all of our homes that provide hot water and with extreme energy efficiency.
- Water Conservation: We include low-flow plumbing fixtures, including toilet, faucets and showerheads, that conserve water more efficiently when compared to conventional fixtures while providing the same utility.
- Moisture Control: In order to prevent moisture entry and to provide a means of escape for moisture that does enter the home is the goal for every Design Tech home, which is why we use Tyvek House WrapTM, a water resistive barrier material, and JetBackerTM, a moisture and mold resistant material that is integral to all tub and shower wet-wall areas.
A Home Energy Rater uses specially-designed software to analyze the expected energy use of the home based on the home's construction plans. This analysis yields a projected, pre-construction rating score called a HERS Index. Design Tech Homes works together with the Home Energy Rater to identify the energy efficiency improvements needed to ensure each home will meet ENERGY STAR performance guidelines.
Design Tech Homes uses a Home Energy Rater to conduct onsite inspections, typically including a duct test (to test the leakiness of the ducts)
Design Tech Homes uses a Home Energy Rater to conduct onsite inspections, typically including a blower door test (to test the leakiness of the house)
An effective air filtration system is critical to maintaining proper indoor air quality. The system we install in your new home creates an indoor environment with less dust and fewer odors thereby helping to reduce potential health risks.
At Design Tech Homes, we require independent inspections to certify that your home meets the stringent requirements of the Energy Star® program. In partnership with the EPA, Design Tech Homes is committed to making a difference in the lives of homeowners through participation in the ENERGY STAR® program.